4 Reasons to Jump Into Crypto Discord
There are numerous ways for crypto enthusiasts to stay in touch: they use Telegram to chat, Twitter to follow influencers, Slack and Zoom for engaging with their team members.
Discord puts together the best of these platforms into one app — news feed and live chats. Discord servers (communities) allow users to follow their favorite projects, discuss them with the others, and stay updated on the news as well as opportunities to profit.
Let’s see the reasons to join the crypto Discord and consider particular servers that can become your source of news and inspiration.
Discord Is Not Solely for Gamers
Back in 2015, a few gamers got together to build a platform that would meet all their communication needs. They organized it into servers — spaces dedicated to particular games where players could discuss different topics in channels and voice or video chats. Discord serves as a perfect platform for talking while the game is on.
Apparently, gamers are not the only group of people with a strong need to stay in touch — this is why other communities have joined Discord too. The team has noticed this and decided to evolve as not just a platform for gamers — now, there are servers for doing homework, organizing music sessions in Discord, and much more. Even big corporations host their meetings here. At a certain point, the crypto community has embraced Discord as well.
Why Join Crypto Discord? 4 Reasons
Telegram and Twitter are among the platforms where crypto enthusiasts are the most active, but Discord allows taking the discussion to a next level. It offers news feed, trading signal updates, airdrop announcements and a great community to discuss these with. Here, you can not only stay in touch with your favorite crypto projects but engage in talks organized by the users themselves. Discord is also a great place to look for like-minded people — here, you can find a developer or designer for your crypto project.
Keep in mind that Discord is an anonymous platform, so kindly don’t share sensitive information with the users who you don’t know well. If someone DMs you with a request to send your private keys or seed phrases, be sure these are scammers and the best next step is to blacklist and report them.
Let’s take a look at how you can engage with the crypto Discord.
Your favorite crypto projects and discussions
Discord offers a plethora of servers for all kinds of crypto projects. We brought together some communities that might be of interest to you and attached links that serve as invitations. If you’ve never used Discord, you will be asked to go through a quick signup, and then to confirm that you are human and accept the server rules — this is what allows communities to stay away from spammers and advertisers. After the verification, you will access the content and the discussions.
Here are some of the most interesting crypto servers on Discord:
- Decentraland — a blockchain game based on Ethereum where you can create an avatar, trade land, and host events on it. In the Decentraland Discord server, you will find project updates, announcements of events in the metaverse, discussions regarding the Decentraland DAO, and of course, some NFT memes.
- OpenSea is one of Ethereum’s biggest NFT marketplaces. In its server, you can keep track of newly listed collections and platform updates; it’s also a good source of information for market analysts and developers.
- Solana is a more technically-oriented server dedicated to the fastest blockchain among all dApp platforms. The community hosts discussions on specific network issues, shares announcements for jobs and hackathons in Solana.
- Ethereum.org is another tech server of a smart contract blockchain. It does not officially represent the Ethereum foundation but offers discussions on the Ethereum roadmap, improvement proposals, and much more. The moderators do their best to make all discussion participants feel comfortable in the server.
We listed a few communities to show the great variety of servers available in Discord. To find any other crypto project on the platform, simply use the search page.
Live news and social media feed in one place
Some of the Discord servers put together the information from different news sites and social media, so you can track it without leaving the app. If you subscribe to a Discord crypto news server, there will be no need to monitor many sources anymore.
One such Discord community is r/CryptoCurrency. It’s not just a source of news but one of the most respected Discord crypto servers. It posts news, analysis, and hosts discussions on various topics. r/CryptoCurrency started as a subreddit and turned into a platform for talking about trading, DeFi, NFT, and more.
NFT drop announcements
If you’re keen on NFTs, Discord will help you navigate the universe of non-fungible tokens and drops of new collections in particular.
- NFT Calendar publishes the lists of NFT airdrops happening soon and announces upcoming releases. All listed NFTs have passed through the whitelisting procedure so you can be sure there are only valid collections. The displayed NFTs are listed on OpenSea, Rarible, and other respected platforms. The release dates are provided.
- NFT Drops Daily is a server where you can also find announcements of new NFT drops and giveaways.
- NFT is a community that features all kinds of NFTs related to music, gaming, and sports. For those thinking of building their own collections there is an “introduce yourself” channel that helps find a dev or an artist.
Collecting feedback from the community
One of the most exciting things about crypto Discord is its unedited live discussion of passionate crypto enthusiasts. It is somewhat similar to talks in Telegram channels, but Discord makes it more convenient by separating topics into channels.
In this regard, the platform is the best way to collect feedback on recent updates and other innovations from the community. An active organized discussion can help any crypto project deeply understand what their customers think.
ChangeNOW Has Embraced Discord
Considering the opportunities of Discord, we thought it would be the perfect platform to let our customers exchange opinions, to reinforce our ties and become even more responsive and helpful. This is why ChangeNOW has opened a Discord server where you can:
- Take part in live discussions crypto swaps, platform updates, and new listings,
- Follow news from all our media — everything that we have to offer in one place,
- Ask questions and raise concerns about what you think we could improve,
- Get rewarded for your activity. Stay tuned to learn more!
Follow the link and if you’re new to Discord, take your time to explore the platform and see why it’s worth your attention. We are looking forward to seeing you in our Discord and hope you enjoy it.
Welcome to the NOW experience!