Investing funds into a cryptocurrency can be a financially rewarding adventure. Finding the right cryptocurrency to invest in has its challenges: from doing the right research to getting a bit lucky with your choice. DASH coin has the potential to become a top 10 cryptocurrency in the coming years because of its private and fast transactions.
In our price prediction for DASH, you can expect to find forecasts for 2020 and the long term. We’ll also give you guidance on how to purchase DASH from our reputable exchange here at Change Now. Let’s not waste any more time and dive into this price prediction for DASH coin.
What is DASH?
Dash was developed on January 18th, 2014 by Evan Duffield as an alternative coin to bitcoin. The cryptocurrency was developed using the source code for bitcoin and making improvements where it was seen fit. DASH was formerly known as Xcoin and DarkCoin before its rebranding to DASH. In its early days, the purpose of the cryptocurrency was to act as a privacy and anonymity coin.
The goals of the DASH were later shifted from privacy and anonymity to transaction efficiency coupled up with the privacy aspect of the coin. The rebranding and a shift in goal served well for DASH crypto over the years. They’re well known for their fast and easy transactions because of it. The privacy aspect of their transactions was made better and is attributed to the master node which is known as the 2nd tier of nodes on the platform.
What Affects the Price of DASH?
There are multiple factors that affect the price of the DASH currency. One of the factors that influence DASH’s price is the circulating supply of the coin. Currently, the circulating supply is 9,426,848, with a total supply of 18,900,000 coins. The DASH price will depend on the number of tokens in circulation and worldwide adoption of the cryptocurrency. The more people that use DASH for fast private transactions the higher the demand for the token. This will inevitably increase the token price once the mass adoption of the platform occurs. Over time the supply of dash will increase and affect the DASH price potentially resulting in a price reduction.
A bull run of the entire cryptocurrency market will also influence the price of DASH. The last bull run occurred in the latter stages of 2017. A bull run brings more people to the cryptocurrency space and more investment to the DASH currency. However, the price of DASH has been decreasing since its all-time high of $1642.22 USD on December 20th, 2017. We hope that the price will increase with the upcoming bull run.
The Price of Dash
The DASH crypto price between January 1st and April 7th has fluctuated from a low of $34.91 USD to a high of $140.70 USD. On January 1st, 2020 DASH was priced at $41.87 USD with a market cap of $387,089,111 USD. Currently, the price of the DASH coin is $74.35 USD with a market cap of $701,109,516 USD. (As of April 7th, 2020)
There are several price predictions by multiple experts in the cryptocurrency space. Here are some price predictions on the DASH value from reputable sources;
- TradingBeasts — The end of year low for DASH is predicted at $64 USD and a high of $95 USD which is quite conservative considering the current price of DASH. Their end of 2023 price prediction reaches a low of $134 USD and a high of $198 USD.
- CoinSwitch — An article published on coin switch had an incredible price prediction of $950 USD which is 10x the prediction made by TradingBeast. A 2025 prediction of $2822 USD. These predictions are based on DASH doing extremely well in their development and adoption.
- Long Forecast — They predict by the end of 2020 DASH will be lower in price at £39.4 USD, whilst a long term prediction is $27.8 USD by May 2024.
(Graph for the price of DASH in USD, Satoshi, and the Market cap for 2020)
How to Buy DASH
Purchasing DASH with ChangeNOW couldn’t be easier. Here are the steps you can take to buy DASH coin.
- Head over to our ChangeNOW home page and select the currency you’d like to purchase in this case DASH. Enter the amount of BTC or other cryptocurrencies you’d like to buy DASH with. The system will automatically calculate the amount of DASH and give you an exchange rate. (Keep the exchange rate saved to help with taxes later)
- Enter the DASH wallet address you’d like the coins to be sent too. Ensure your wallet address is right, you’ll lose your tokens if the address is incorrect.
- Once confirmed you’ll need to send the required amount of bitcoin to the address given by the website. Once this step is completed you’ll receive your DASH coins.
Price predictions can vary from expert to expert. It’s essential to remember that predictions given by experts may not always come true. Reading a whole range of predictions like the ones provided above paints a picture of what could happen to the DASH crypto price. We hope you gained some valuable knowledge from our DASH price prediction. Till next time.
Disclaimer: This article reflects its author’s opinion only and is not financial advice. We take no responsibility for the results of any trader’s decision or action.
To learn more about DASH please visit the following DASH Review in our blog.